Concentration in Real Estate
Even in strong economic times, the environment of real estate markets is ambiguous and uncertain. Now, more than ever, individuals in the real estate sector must possess the necessary skills to make intelligent investment and management decisions.
The real estate sequence is designed to improve an individual’s ability to make real estate acquisition, management, and disposition decisions.
The study of real estate is divided into the areas of real estate analysis and real estate practice. Topics in these broad areas include:
- cash flow analysis
- the role of real estate in increasing shareholder value
- site selection
- financing alternatives
- control and disposition
- mortgage financing
- mortgage-backed securities
- valuation techniques and problems
- computer methods of valuation
The courses are designed to challenge the student by combining a rigorous theoretical foundation with applications such as case studies and market simulations. Upon completing the concentration, the student should possess the ability to analyze the complex real estate environment using their strong technical skills and increased understanding of real estate markets.
- ACCT 7600: Financial Statement Analysis
- ECON 7940: Economics of Managing Organizations
- FINA 7100: Corporate Finance
- FINA 7310: Investments
- MGMT 7010: Lessons in Leadership
- MGMT 7500: Entrepreneurship & New Venture Formation
- RMIN 7010: Fundamentals of Risk Management
- RMIN 7100: Fundamentals of Risk Management & Insurance